Saturday, November 27, 2010

One week

So it's one week until Malcolm is due and I thought I'd update everyone on what's been going on.

First off, this condo is absolutely fantastic. The house stays warm so we only have to keep the thermostat at 55 to keep the house warm. We've rearranged Mal's room and finished all the decorating except the few paintings I want to do for him. Sam put up glow-in-the-dark stars and planets around Mal's room. He had them when he was a kid and wanted Mal to have stars to look at while he falls asleep, too. The room finally looks like a baby's room. We've got his bed and a rocking chair next to the heater to keep both of us warm, his changing table and a futon for if either Sam or I need to crash in there. Mal's closet is filled with his dresser (so glad that fits in there because there is NO room for it elsewhere), the smallest clothes I've ever seen, blankets from his friends and family who are so excited to see him, and a large amount of extra diapers and wipes that Sam and I are VERY grateful for. The less we have to go out in the first few weeks for things like that the better. Thank you to everyone who helped out.

On Tuesday I had my weekly doctor's appointment and I couldn't tell if Dr. Mora was kidding or not when he said, "Well we definitely wont see you by Thanksgiving, but I might see you this weekend. Yeah, this weekend would be great." When I told Sam he kinda freaked out about it, excited yes, but definitely freaked. We were both just hoping I wouldn't go into labor during the movie last night. If I had, Mal would be keeping with family tradition. Sam's mother went into labor for him during a double feature of Flash Gordon and Conan the Barbarian. Explains a lot doesn't it? Ha ha.

Well Harry Potter 7 part 1 was a great movie. It was paced well and considering the last HP movies have to compete with themselves, it was very good. It ended about where I expected it to. I don't think the fans could have handled Doby, Fred, and Snape dying in the same movie. I'm glad it ended when and how it did.

So now Sam and I are just going about our days as normal just trying to not freak out over the fact that Mal could show up any day now. We decided to brave Target yesterday (yikes) because we realized we didn't have a few things that we will need when Mal gets here. Luckily it was only 2-3 things and the express lanes were nearly empty. I can't believe how many people actually go shopping on Black Friday as a tradition. Personally, unless absolutely necessary, I think that the entire Thanksgiving weekend should be spent with your family. And I understand that it is a family tradition to go shopping. But that doesn't really leave much time for actually family time. The chaotic rushing around trying to get the best sales, or even just trying to find a parking spot is the worst head ache ever. It was so bad that Sam had to drop me off to go in to get the few things we need while he tried to find a spot. Well that never happened so he just came right back around and called me to see if I was about out. We will never go near a major shopping district on Black Friday ever again. No thanks.

Sam's working hard to be able to take his whole 80 hours off without worrying about being able to pay our bills. "Paid days off" for Sam right now, since he hasn't been with Wave for a year, means that he gets just the base pay for the two weeks he takes off. We've put quite a bit into savings so we will be fine. Especially if it happens to be that Sam's two weeks off aren't for the same pay period.

We are very excited for Mal to arrive and I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore. Bumping into things with my large, baby-carrying stomach, having to change position while sleeping just to not get a cramp in my back or side, and not being able to sit comfortably on the couch because Mal keeps kicking me in the ribs. Oh for the day when I can hold Mal instead of feeling him in uncomfortable places.

Well until then. I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving and didn't have to much trouble with the snow.

1 comment:

  1. I swear I put your blog address in with all the blogs I follow a loooonng time ago! I left you a message on FB and looked at the info under your profile pic and saw the blog address and that's when I realized...hmm Anyways, I'm glad to hear that you've got everything in place and ready for him to come. I wish you the best in everything and I can't wait to see pics of Malcolm!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete